1. Get help. Tell someone who works at the establishment. Don’t be embarrassed. Without any record of your incident, the establishment and/or insurance company will dispute whether you actually fell.
2. Take pictures. Document what caused you to fall. This is vital to a successful claim.
3. Get witness information (name and number) if any are present.
4. Be careful what you say when reporting incident. Contact a lawyer if possible before any statement is given. Remember that you may not know or feel the full extent of any injury immediately after a fall.
5. Get immediate medical treatment for any injuries.
Slip and falls are very common today, especially with older people. These injuries can be very serious.
If you are injured in a slip and fall, please call The Glorioso Law Firm, we can be reached at 504-569-9999